Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Two days left till the due date!

Holy cow! Only two days left!

I'm so ready!

Last Wednesday I went in for my weekly checkup and the doctor was totally impressed that I had gone from 1 cm to 2 cm while sitting there in his office...He was so excited and told us the baby is coming soon because I was progressing so fast. So he stripped my membrane to help the process and said "the baby should come tonight or tomorrow at the rate your going". Jess and I were so excited and ready to have this baby...it all happened so fast!

Well we went home, thinking that this baby is on his way! I can't describe the emotions Jess and I were going through...It was an anxious and awesome time...So for the rest of the day I had a few contractions here and there, but nothing consistent. NOTHING!

The doctor told us come back the next day if I hadn't gone into labor yet; so off we go to visit him to see what he had to say...He checked me, then wrinkled his nose and said I hadn't progressed at all since the day before...............................He then said I'd probably last until my due date if not go past it.

Jess and I were crushed! We wanted that baby to come badly! I had started my maternity leave from work thinking the baby would come, and to hear I hadn't progressed at all broke my heart. I could still be working! What do I do?

The doctor was more than apologetic though...he said he was really sorry for getting our hopes up and to not hate him! But it's really hard not feel some sort of anxiety and want to blame someone for our "misfortune", I guess you could call it.

So now here I am...lounging around the house, miserable, and wondering when this baby will come...I wish I could know (thats the million dollar question) so I could start making plans...if he came tomorrow, cool! But if he doesn't come till next week, I feel I should still be working! I feel so useless right now! I only have eight weeks maternity leave and I've just wasted a week of it sitting around...waiting...wanting...

I didn't think being pregnant would be such a trial!

The only thing that really keeps me going is knowing that Heavenly Father has a plan and he know whats best for me...maybe my little guy just needs to cook a little longer? I don't know...I just know the Big Man will take care of me.

I guess my impatience is catching up with me...I want it now!

But I know the baby will only come when he is good and ready.

Dude-come tomorrow?!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sending all the labor vibes I can muster your way!!!!

    ReplyDelete